The VLC media player is widely used in computers and laptops, and now it is available for smart TVs as well. This media player is free of cost and extremely easy to use. You can use VLC to stream content from your device to your television.
This article will share the steps that you need to follow to stream VLC to Samsung Smart TV. The process of streaming VLC content on any smart TV is straightforward, and the steps we will mention applies to any other smart TV model.
Stream VLC Media Player to Samsung Smart TV
Stream VLC to Samsung Smart TV From Windows
The VLC media player is used for playing videos, and it can be done from both Windows and Mac. Below, we will discuss how you can stream VLC to Samsung Smart TV from Windows as it is widely used and is an easy way to stream VLC to any Smart TV.
Before starting with the steps, you must check that the internet connection you are using is high-speed because the content will be streamed via the Internet, and if the speed is slow, VLC will stutter and buffer on the Samsung smart TV.
- In the first step, you have to open your Windows laptop or PC and open the VLC media player. In the media player of the VLC, you will see the stream option.
- When you open the stream option, a new pop window will appear on the screen with the options you can use to stream the media from VLC.
- For you, tap on the available options to ensure that you have added the content you want to stream on your Samsung television. After that, all you have to do is click on the add button and then add the files.
- Once you have selected the files that you want to stream from VLC to your Samsung Smart TV, a new output window will appear in front of you.
- Media file name will appear on the screen, and below you will see the next option. Click on it.
- On the next page, you will be required to select the destination to stream the content.
- Select the HTTP and then click on add. You can customise the HTTP, but it is better to keep it in the default setting or go for the lower quality to save the internet connection.
- The media will start playing on your screen and if you have already enabled your firewall, choose the access options. Go to the media menu again and click on “Open network stream“, where you have to enter the HTTP address.
- Once you enter the IP address, the VLC media will start streaming on the device connected with your PC or laptop.
Summing it Up
These are the simple steps you need to follow to stream the VLC media player to Samsung Smart TV. We hope this article was informative and beneficial for you.
For any streaming process, you must have a strong internet connection as the internet connection is used into two devices that are going to be connected, so it has to be strong.