With the advent of information superhighway through the worldwide web, it has become possible for people to work from anywhere in the world. When compared to others, there has been a big section of the population who have been working from home due to many reasons such as being a single mom, self-employed professionals and others.
However, due to the current pandemic related to Covid-19 which has spread around the world, more and more professionals who worked in offices are forced to work at home as the governments around the world are enforcing lockdown on the streets as a preventive measure. As part of working from home, the organizations are using available technologies to facilitate work-from-home employees.
This is possible only due to online connections with desktops and laptop computers. However, one drawback of this facility remains the availability of a large second monitor. However, it can be overcome by using a TV wirelessly as a second monitor.
Although it is not a perfect arrangement, you can use it for various activities such as holding Zoom meetings, watching videos. editing images, working on accounts and so on. You can also use your TV as the second monitor for creating and holding presentations. For achieving this purpose, you can turn your TV into a monitor in three ways for which you would need an internet connection and WiFi.
As devices are becoming smarter than before, they have started communicating with each other easily. For example, if you have a Windows laptop, you can connect it with TV through Screen Mirroring technology. With this technology, you can share your presentation with your colleagues, and share your images with friends and family.
However, you require a Smart TV that supports the technology with the use of Wi-Fi for connecting your TV monitor to the laptop. The steps are very easy to implement and they are as follows.
- The first step in this process would be to search the Wi-Fi Direct button or Miracast on the laptop or computer.
- Then, use the TV remote and select the source and then click Screen Mirroring
- After that, you need to press the Windows button on the laptop and select settings.
- Then you need to select “Connected Devices” and select “Add device” located at the top.
- After you get a dropdown menu that lists all the devices where you can use the Screen Mirroring, you need to select your TV.
- After selection, the laptop screen would start mirroring to the TV
- In addition to that, the TV name would also get saved in the list of connected devices for using it in the future.
Even if you have a MacBook, you can use Airplay to mirror the screen. However, to accomplish this purpose, your TV needs to support AirPlay. On the Apple MacBook, you need to find Airplay and for that purpose, you need to select Settings and then, you need to select Display. After that, the process is the same as a Windows laptop.
Wireless HDMI Box
- A wireless HDMI box allows two devices which support HDMI, to connect wirelessly. Therefore, you can connect your TV to your laptop or desktop, and broadcast between them wirelessly. Once the TV is set to the correct HDMI channel, the laptop’s display is mirrored to the TV. If your computer does not have an HDMI port but have USB-C, such as in a MacBook computer, you need to use USB-C to HDMI adaptor for this purpose.
- A wireless HDMI box will connect your TV to your laptop and allow high definition images to be cast from a laptop to the TV. Hence, if you’re fussy about the quality of display while casting your laptop screen to your TV, a wireless HDMI box is a great option. Additionally, you can do away with the HDMI cables on your TV, reducing the clutter.
- It’s very easy to set up as well. You require plugging in the transmitter to your laptop’s HDMI port, and the receiver to your TV’s HDMI port, it’s that simple. When compared to others, this is an inexpensive choice and it would allow you to connect your computer with the TV. Now, you can use your TV as the second monitor.
- If you possess a TV model that uses Android TV or Shield TV as its Smart platform, you can send the computer screen display to the TV with wireless technology. You can use this method if you have a Chromecast device. With the use of a Chromecast device and Chrome browser, you can share the computer screen display, including desktop, browser tab, or share a video on the TV screen.
- All you need to do is to select the Chromecast icon and then, select the item you would like to share. If you have an Apple TV, you can also broadcast your computer screen to your TV with the use of AirPlay. Although static documents and presentations can be shared in good condition, you may have issues with video conferencing due to a slow refresh rate.
There are many ways to turn your TV into a second monitor with wireless technology such as Screen Mirroring, use of Airplay, Chromecast, and others depending on the equipment and software that is available at your home.
These are a few easy ways to connect your TV to your computer, using it as a second monitor wirelessly. The methods are not difficult, and anyone can use them to connect these devices when required.
As more and more people are working from home these days, by using these methods they can use the TV as a second monitor wirelessly. With this method, you can also have a neat set up for your child’s online classes or your conferences with colleagues while working at home.
You can read also Can TV Damage Your Eyes